Monday, January 31, 2005
Sunday, January 30, 2005
Friday, January 28, 2005
Thursday, January 27, 2005
Consumer goods major Dabur India Ltd. has acquired Balsara's hygiene and home products businesses, a leading provider of oral care and household care products in India, for Rs. 143 Crore ($32.7 million). Dabur's board has approved the acquisition of the entire promoters' stake in the three Balsara companies - 99.4% in Balsara Hygiene Products, 100% in Balsara Home Products and 97.9% of Besta Cosmetics. Dabur will soon seek shareholders' approval for completing the acquisition. The Balsara Group, which has oral care brands like Promise and Babool, mosquito repellents like Odomos and household products like Odonil and Odopic, has a sales turnover of Rs.2 billion ($45.8 million). The group has manufacturing facilities in three locations. In addition to its core oral care and household care businesses, Balsara operates in the high-growth herbal extracts business.
Wednesday, January 26, 2005
Monday, January 24, 2005
Thursday, January 20, 2005
- Media brands like TV Today, The Times of India group, Ananda Bazaar Patrika group
- FMCG brands like Britannia, Cavinkare, Dabur, Eveready Industries, Heinz, HLL, ITC, Reckitt Benckiser, Berger Paints, Eletrolux, Godrej, ICI, Philips and Whirlpool
- Pharma and healthcare brands like Ranbaxy, Novartis, Nicholas Piramal, Dr Reddy’s, Apollo Hospitals
- Brands from hospitality sector like ITC Hotels and Taj Hotels.
- The petrochemical sector is represented by big guns like Indian Oil, HPCL and Bharat Petroleum.
- Leading telecom brands like Bharti Telecom, Hutchison and Reliance
- The auto sector is represented by the likes of Hero Honda Motors, Bajaj Auto, TVS Motor, Toyota, Ford, Maruti, Tata Motors
- The financial sector is represented by ICICI, HDFC, SBI Life Insurance, IDBI, Life Insurance Corporation.